1. Determine if you are shipping "Courier Packages" or "Pallet Freight". Increasingly, businesses and individuals are purchasing and shipping goods from the US to import to Canada. When shipments become larger than "courier size" many people find the complexities of shipping to be overwhelming. Specifically, when shipments have a girth larger than 165" (freight) then commercial transport via truck is required.
2. If your shipment is considered "freight" the use of a professional customs broker will be required to manage the clearance across the border. ShipCanada works with a network of customs brokerages representing clients at every major border crossing in Canada. We pickup from all points in the U.S. and deliver to all points within Canada.
3. Obtain all necessary documents from the U.S. Shipper. At a minimum, the shipper will need to provide a commercial invoice outlining the value of the sale as well as an accurate description of the goods being moved. The shipper may also need to provide additional documents such as a NAFTA certificate or Food & Drug inspection documents.
4. If you are shipping freight from US to Canada, determine the freight "class". In the U.S. all freight has an associated "class" which the carrier will use to determine to appropriate freight rate. Understanding the freight class will help you select the right shipping company which can help avoid costly billing adjustments.
5. While Shipping from US to Canada, ensure your carrier partner has the correct contact information for you and your customs broker. The most costly delays in cross-border transport happen when the cargo is stuck for any period of time at the border. If the carrier is trying to reach you or your customs agent in the middle of the night for additional information you must to be available or that truck will not be permitted to continue across the border.
For more information on shipping from US to Canada call one of our experienced freight transportation specialists with any questions regarding your shipment. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and your customers. Our Customer Service Line is: 1-289-813-4024.
Our network offers daily Service To and From most North American Cities.
Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Nova Scotia Newfoundland Ontario Quebec Prince Edward Island Saskatchewan.
Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Delaware Connecticut Florida Georgia Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Delware Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming.
You can also feel free to visit our online Shipping School for help with terminology and definitions. Our agents are equipped to assist you with all aspects of the shipping process. Once your shipment is in transit you can also track the customs clearance status by visiting our customs portal and locating the appropriate customs broker.
Our people are logistics professionals with a passion for service
ShipCanada.com offers the most competitive rates for LTL freight to & from any point within North America. Our commitment is to consistently look for ways to give our clients a competitive advantage.
ShipCanada is backed by a team of professionals experienced in dealing with all areas of freight transportation. We are available by phone or email to resolve any issues.
We accept all major credit cards for initial transactions. For accounts who prefer to pay by invoice, we can quickly set up credit terms up to 30 days.
Our TMS technology is interfaced with our carriers via EDI and API technology. When you track a shipment through the Equitrans TMS, you are getting real-time data straight from the carriers.
Our transportation management system puts shippers in control giving them access to all of our carriers at the click of a mouse. Search rates, dispatch loads & track your shipments all from one screen.
When you book a load in the Equitrans TMS, your shipping documents are automatically created for you. Our system saves you time by preparing bills of lading and packing slips.