*********STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE**********
Acceptance of these terms, by way of shipping goods, will constitute an agreement between Equitrans Express International Inc. "EQUITRANS" and the "CUSTOMER" company or person who owns and/or is the shipper of the freight relating to this quotation "CARRIER" represents contracted company undertaking physical transportation of freight. It is acknowledged that these conditions will apply to this and all future shipments arranged by EQUITRANS for CUSTOMER.
- a) Rates are expressed in CAD or USD funds as indicated in "Customer Price Details" payable 30 days from invoice date. Overdue invoices are subject to 2% interest per month 24% per annum.
- b) Customer is responsible for extra services "accessorial" charges resulting from innacurate weight or measurement of shipment. Accessorial charges will be charges in the same method as the initial charge. Extra Services can include but are not limited to: Limited access delivery, re-weight, appointment requests, re-delivery, postal code correction and storage. Truckload max weight is 44,000 lbs. per truckload. CUSTOMER is responsible for extra charges resulting from inaccurate weight or measurement.
- c) All quotations are subject to a max valuation of $2.00 per pound based on actual weight unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Customer is responsible for ensuring adequate securement & tarping for flatbed cargo.
- d) 1 hour is free for load/unload (Less than truckload), 2 hours free for load/unload (Full Truckload) excess time is billed at $65.00/Hour thereafter. Tailgate service if required is $75.00/use.
- e) All quotations and customer confirmations are subject to equipment availability. Equitrans does not guarantee equipment availability unless specifically stated in writing.
- f) Pick up and delivery times stated are approximate and not guaranteed. Equitrans cannot accept liability for delays or losses beyond it's direct and reasonable control.
- g)ShipCanada.ca, Shipflatbed.com, USLTL.com & Equitrans Global Logistics are divisions of Equitrans Express International Inc.
- h) Customer authorizes EQUITRANS, in its discretion, to engage the services of any qualified carrier, cartage service, warehouse, 3PL, co-broker, customs brokerage or other applicable service.
- I) CUSTOMER acknowledges that the actual/signing Carrier providing physical transportation of goods is solely liable for any and all claims arising from the transport of CUSTOMER'S freight. CUSTOMER (the Principal) indemnifies and holds harmless EQUITRANS (the Agent) from any claims for loss or damage including special or consequential damages resulting from transport services arranged by EQUITRANS. In the event a claim arises from services provided, Equitrans will make available to CUSTOMER all necessary forms and insurance documents pertaining to Carrier's cargo/liability insurance.
- j) CUSTOMER acknowledges that the insertion of EQUITRANS name on shipping documents, of any kind, does not represent or imply it is acting in the capacity of a CARRIER.
- k) Under no circumstance can a claim be deducted from outstanding amounts owed to EQUITRANS by CUSTOMER
- l) Shipments moving by courier service must not exceed 140 lbs. Shipments moving by courier must not exceed a total girth of 144' or max length of 108" Girth is calculated by (2xHeight) + (2xWidth) + Length = Total Girth. Shipments over 140 lbs. and/or with a Girth exceeding 144" will be moved as "Freight" and must be palletized to allow for movement by pallet truck.
- o) Customer is responsible for any charges resulting from customs brokerage or duties assessed in relation to international shipments.
- p) Hazardous, dangerous or regulated items must be disclosed prior to shipping so necessary precautions can be made to accommodate such items.
© ShipCanada 2018